Let's talk about career...

Let's talk about career...
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhQ9PZkgxCJF4lQYXNb-rxm63bJ6sYDiHUXElmPaUvwigz41P5Iue7Yad0WPAR0-7heRXokItuoCp7f8k3Qz9-_tiWVQ8peUcMlm5fytHd4klJOiyMArRrPXbKbqpdzpURZVqgbcKr-lM0/s72-c/peggy-olson.jpg
Tomorrow I'll be sharing 10 things I've learned in my career over the past fifteen years (so many things!), but meanwhile here are a few career tidbits from around the web...
Watch Peggy Olson break the glass ceiling in under three minutes...
My back hurts all the time, so my friend Gemma told me (and raved) about these ergonomic kneeling chairs. Apparently they keep your spine in proper alignment, strengthen lower back muscles and encourage good posture. Have you ever tried one?
My favorite career book by George Lois, the real Don Draper, which has 120 valuable nuggets about career and life. Smart, funny and no-nonsense.
Just discovered the hilarious tumblr It's Like They Know Us, which points out how unrealistic stock photos can be. The caption above is "I am getting so much work done. Toddlers are easy."
And above is, "My clients love when I bring the baby to meetings. My severe bun lets them know I mean business."
And above is, "Mom, I’m getting kinda hungry...Hey, um, Mom, you’ve been stirring that empty pot for 2 hours. Is the stove even on?...Mom? Mom? Mom...what happened to Dad?"
What have been your toughest interview questions? Douglas Edwards remembers being interviewed by Google co-founder Sergey Brin: "I'm going to give you five minutes," he told me. "When I come back, I want you to explain to me something complicated that I don't already know." He then rolled out of the room toward the snack area. I looked at Cindy. "He's very curious about everything," she told me. "You can talk about a hobby, something technical, whatever you want. Just make sure it's something you really understand well." (What would you explain?)
John Derian paperweights to cheer up your desk. (Caroline and I both have one.)
If you're in the mood, here's the past work/life/baby balance series on Cup of Jo. I'd love to do another one in the future featuring mothers with different careers, relationships, economic means and overall situations. It's a topic very near and dear to my heart. Lots of love to you.

P.S. Let's talk about fashion, books and travel...

(Google office photo from The Atlantic)

Related Articles:

Product Reviews:

Comments

Đăng nhận xét

 

Copyright © 2013. Themes Gallery - All Rights Reserved
Design by Lee Quynh
Hotline: 0963.133.573
Email: garait9x@Gmail.com